Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Pumpkin Hat for Fall

I love Fall! I love seeing the leaves change, feeling the cooler weather, and I love pumpkins! So, I decided to knit a pumpkin hat in order to make Fall seem even closer then it is (where I live it is just barely starting to feel like it).

This pumpkin hat is also from a pattern found in Susan B. Anderson's book Itty-Bitty Hats. It is sized for 0-6 months old, and would look great for Fall photos! I made it using Swish Worsted yarn from Knit Picks (my favorite yarn to use for knitting baby things since it is so soft), and it is 100% Superwash Merino Wool. Which means it is machine washable and it gets softer with every washing.

I love the ridges in this hat, because it reminds me of the ridges found in real pumpkins! The ridges aren't as noticeable until the hat is being worn. The leaf is only attached at the base of the stem so the leaf will still move a little (like a real leaf found on a pumpkin).

Hope you like it!! I'm selling this hat for $16 (not including shipping), and it is also first come first serve. Be the first one to email me at knittedbyamanda@hotmail.com or to leave a comment on this post saying you would like to buy it and the hat is your's! :)



This hat is sold to Stephanie Davis!

No comments:

Post a Comment