Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baby Cocoon inspired by The Hungry Caterpillar

Today I finished knitting my first baby cocoon, and now I have some ideas about doing some more that will be a little different. If you haven't seen them before, I usually see them used in newborn photography. The pictures are adorable!!

The yarn I used was Swish Tonal from Knit Picks and the color is called Canopy. I thought the shades of blue & green were perfect for it! It's a worsted yarn that is a little more expensive ($14.95 per hank) then what I usually order, but it is a 100 gram hank. It is 100% superwash merino wool so it is machine washable.

I ended up knitting this with 2 hanks at the same time to make it thicker. I used larger needles then what I've been knitting with too (size 13 circular). I love knitting with larger needles because it usually helps me finish my project so much faster! That's so nice when the only times I can knit are during Logan's nap times.



The cocoon is pretty stretchy but is about 18 inches long unstretched and is about 8 inches in diameter unstretched. I used a rolled brim for the opening so it can be rolled down if it needs to be shorter. I'm selling this for $45. If you would like to purchase this then please email me at knittedbyamanda@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment