Friday, April 20, 2012

New baby hat for sale

After knitting the bunny hats, I decided to knit some more baby hats but I wanted to make some that I've never made before. So I went looking through my large (and still growing) yarn stash, and found some "fancy" yarn that I've been meaning to use.

I really enjoyed working with this yarn because it is so soft! It is called Dream and is from Dark Horse Yarns. I got it from Yarn Heaven last year, and have been waiting for the inspiration to use it. :) The hardest part about it was undoing stitches (it's difficult to see where the stitches are when they aren't on the needle because of the fuzzy parts) and sewing in the ends. I had to learn a new technique since I didn't have large enough double-pointed needles (what I usually use when knitting baby hats). I used two circular needles (different lengths so I could tell them apart) that were size 13.


This is the result! I'm calling this the Fuzzy Who hat. Apparently all the Dr. Suess that I've been reading & watching with Logan are showing up in my work! Lol! This hat is for sale for $30 (more expensive yarn). It is very soft and made of 100% nylon. It's hand wash only. If you would like to buy it then email me at knittedbyamanda@hotmail.com. This hat just sold!!



This is the Shiny Who hat & is now up for sale and is the same design as the first one. The yarn is different though. Instead of being fuzzy like the first one it is boucle but is soft too. It is shiny/metallic and has shades of blue and green. The yarn is from the Plymouth Italian Collection and is called Firenze Boucle. It is 30% wool, 30% acrylic, & 40% nylon. This hat is handwash only! I also got it last year from Yarn Heaven when I was in the Dallas area. I wish there was a yarn shop near me, but unfortunately there isn't.

I'm selling this hat for $35 (more expensive yarn) and it is sized 0-3 months. This hat would also make a great photography prop when taking baby pictures! :)  If you would like to buy it then be the first to email me at knittedbyamanda@hotmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is so lovey cap for little baby. I am surprised with your talent, any one can not believe that it is all made in home. I appreciate for your work.

    baby hats

    ReplyDelete